They are various techniques and products that can be used to reduce the pain during neurotoxin (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse) injections. Dr. M. Ray Taban discusses the various options available.
- Using the smallest needle possible. That would be a 32g needle for neurotoxin injections and slightly larger for the fillers.
- Applying numbing cream prior to the injections.
- Applying ice prior to and during the injections.
- Performing various distraction techniques, such as tapping somewhere else on the face with a finger.
- Mixing botulinum toxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) with bacteriostatic (preservative) saline, rather than preservative-free saline.
- Minimizing the number of injection points.
For more information about neurotoxins and filler injections please visit TabanMD.com
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 204
Beverly Hills, Ca 90212
Los Angeles, Santa Barbara