Dermal fillers are a highly effective treatment that can drastically improve the look of your face. It is an injectable filled with a gel-like substance that goes underneath your skin. The gel-like substance helps fill in fine lines and wrinkles, and plump up otherwise hollowed areas on your face. Dermal fillers are very common as nearly 1 million people get them each year. You may wonder, are dermal fillers considered plastic surgery?
Are Dermal Fillers Considered Plastic Surgery?
Fillers are a minimally invasive cosmetic treatment and is not permanent. Below you will find more information on dermal fillers and why they may be right for you.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
The impacts of aging can take a toll on your face in the form of fine lines, wrinkles, volume loss, and sagging skin. In addition to aging, certain lifestyle habits can also impact your facial aesthetic. Things like smoking, excessive drinking, sun exposure, poor diet, and lack of exercise can all negatively impact your appearance. Dermal fillers can help improve the early signs of aging on your face. Below are some of the common benefits of dermal fillers.
- Improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Plump up thin lips
- Improve the structure and contours of your face
- Provide more youthful-looking skin
- Decrease the shadow on your lower eyelids
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Decrease the appearance of nasolabial folds
Dermal fillers are a minimally invasive treatment that can help with the early signs of aging. However, for those who have more advanced signs of aging, you may need dermal fillers in combination with other cosmetic procedures. In some cases, a brow or eye lift in combination with dermal fillers can address more extensive issues. Your eyes are often the first area where the signs of aging show up. Dermal fillers in combination with eyelid surgery in Los Angeles can help restore your youthful look as it directly targets your eyes. More youthful, open, and bright eyes can change your entire facial aesthetic.
Types of Dermal Fillers
There are a variety of dermal fillers and which one is right for you depends on your unique skin needs. Below are some of the common types of dermal fillers.
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: A variety of skincare products consists of hyaluronic acid, a helpful plumping and hydrating agent. In addition, it already naturally occurs in your skin and can help keep it looking youthful. These dermal fillers last between 6 to 12 months.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: This vegan-friendly and long-lasting dermal filler remains popular. It consists of the type of calcium found in your bones, but it is a mineral-like compound in the form of a soft gel. This type of filler is one of the most long-lasting types as it can last between 9 to 15 months.
- Collagen Stimulator: A collagen stimulator consists of polylactic acid. And this type of filler dissolves in just 1 to 2 days. Unlike other dermal fillers, a collagen stimulator is meant to stimulate your body’s natural collagen production. This can help address the signs of aging as collagen, a major protein found in your skin, helps keep it looking youthful.
Dermal Filler Consultation
Before you move forward with dermal fillers, you’ll need to schedule a consultation. This is a great time to ask any questions and share your expectations. We also need to determine if you prove a good candidate for the treatment. In order to be a good candidate for a cosmetic filler injection, you’ll need to be physically healthy, a non-smoker, have realistic goals about the treatment, and commit to maintaining good skin health.