Many people complain of under-eye “bags” because it creates a tired or older-looking appearance. Under-eye bags develop when the bottom eyelid skin loses elasticity and stretches excessively, which can also cause lines and wrinkles.
Lower Blepharoplasty to Eliminate Under Eye Bags
During a lower blepharoplasty, Dr. Taban re-positions the fat in the lower eyelid with a scar-less incision on the inner surface of the eyelid. This special, expert technique creates a smoother, more natural-looking and youthful appearance.
There are several benefits of this special technique:
- No scarring
- Quicker healing (no stitches)
- Other damage to the eye or eyelid is avoided
The goal of a lower blepharoplasty using this special technique is to create a smoother under eye area that refreshes your appearance and doesn’t cause a retraction of the eyelid or a change in the shape of the eye.
What Are the Advantages of Lower Blepharoplasty?
- Minimized appearance of wrinkles and lines associated with under eye bags
- Subtle changes to the look of your eyes, resulting in a more refreshed, radiant appearance
- Reduced discomfort from the lower eyelid area due to sagging, excess skin
Who is Eligible for This Procedure?
You are a good candidate for a lower blepharoplasty if you have:
- Wrinkled, stretched, saggy lower under eye skin, or “bags”
- Puffy pockets of skin under the eye that make you appear tired or aged
- Tried to conceal under eye bags with make-up – but to no avail
What to Expect from a Lower Blepharoplasty Procedure
The minimally invasive outpatient procedure is performed while you are under local anesthesia. General anesthesia is avoided because it can prolong the recovery process.
When you are relaxed from sedation, the eyelid is numbed. You can open and close your eyes throughout the procedure in order to help the surgeon get the desired results and correct any eye asymmetry.
Because the incision is made on the inside of the lid, there is no risk of visible scarring. If excess skin should be removed, an incision is made just below the lashes, which reduces the appearance of a scar.
Recovery, Healing, and Results
The recovery and healing are virtually painless. There is often bruising and/or swelling of the eyelid for 7-10 days, although this can vary.
Contact Dr. Taban to Discover More about Banishing Under Eye Bags for Good
Discover the rejuvenating effects of a lower blepharoplasty by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Taban and the staff at TabanMD. Contact us online or call our Beverly Hills or Santa Barbara locations.