Knowing your facial shape is important when applying makeup. Makeup can hide certain imperfections and enhance areas that you want to attract attention to. The same is true for your eye shape. Applying makeup to your eyes can take years off of your face if you apply it properly. However, it can also have the opposite effect if you do not know your eye shape. You may wonder, what is my eye shape?
What Is My Eye Shape?
There are six common eye shapes. Below you will find the six main eye shapes and their characteristics.
- Downturned: Downturned eyes have outer corners that are lower than the inner corners.
- Upturned: Upturned eyes are the opposite of downturned eyes and have outer corners higher than the inner corner. They are often referred to as cat eyes as the bottom lash line curves upward.
- Round: Round eyes are often seen as large as they are more circular as compared to other eye shapes. The inner and outer corners of round eyes are often rounded out versus being tapered. Most often round eyes are surrounded by white all around the cornea.
- Monolid: Monolid eyes lack a crease and the eyelid itself is covered.
- Hooded: Hooded eyes have a deep-set crease with a heavy brow bone. The eyelid isn’t visible when hooded eyes are open as it retracts back into the crease.
- Almond: Almond eyes have the features of an almond as they are longer in width. The inner and outer corners of almond eyes taper at each end.
Cosmetic Eye Treatment
While there are helpful makeup techniques to enhance your look, they cannot drastically change the shape of your eye. This is especially true for those who don’t want to wear makeup all of the time as it is only temporary. For someone who wants to permanently enhance their eye shape, almond eye surgery in Beverly Hills can drastically improve your overall look. The surgery creates a fresh new look as it can lift or tighten the outer corner of your eyelids. This enhances your eyes and provides a more youthful look. Almond-shaped eyes are considered the most beautiful and desirable, which is why the surgery is so popular.
Almond eye surgery is an effective procedure to enhance the look of your eyes. It can be performed under local anesthesia and may be done with or without conscious sedation. This all depends on your unique needs and will be discussed at length during the consultation. The procedure is short and should not take more than one hour. You can go home the same day and the recovery period is fairly short.
Patients often experience mild pain, bruising, and swelling for the first 7 to 10 days. However, you should be able to get back to your daily activities within one to two weeks. One of the major benefits of the procedure is that it provides subtle, natural results.
Oculoplastic Surgeon in Beverly Hills
Almond eye surgery can drastically improve the look of your eyes and your face overall. This can result in increased self-confidence as the youthfulness and brightness of your eyes are important. It is said that your eyes are the window to your soul so it’s desirable to have an eye shape that is attractive and inviting.
If you are unhappy with the look of your eyes, contact Dr. Taban at Taban MD Oculoplastic Surgery. He is skilled in almond eye surgery and has helped countless patients improve the look of their appearance. Contact the top oculoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills today for a consultation!